Our vision is to be a valued provider of wildlife rehabilitation, care, and related public education
- To rescue and rehabilitate injured and orphaned native wildlife
- To provide quality care that avoids habituation to humans and respects each animal’s need for a safe, healthy, species-appropriate environment while in captivity
- To release animals into the wild in a condition that gives them the best possible chance for survival
- To provide a permanent home for native species unable to survive in the wild due to human interference
- To educate the public about issues surrounding wildlife and wildlife interactions with humans
- To work within the established rules and regulations set out by the Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources
- To care for injured and orphaned wildlife and, once rehabilitated, return them to their natural environment. For animals requiring permanent care, to provide an environment that satisfies their biological and behavioural needs.
- Our sanctuary’s values are based on the animals’ best interests, and through our commitment to providing aid with integrity, excellence, dedication, commitment, individualized care, respect, education.